Carlong Primary Social Studies ? Year 6 is the revision of the third book in the very successful Carlong Primary Social Studies series. The textbook satisfies the requirements of the new National Standards Curriculum (NSC) for Grade 6 social studies. The topics, the focus questions and content closely reflect the focus and emphases of the new curriculum. The book also focuses on integrated learning and seeks to cater to different learning styles.
The book offers a variety of engaging stimuli, including maps, graphs, charts, line illustrations, photographs and puzzles. The activities are varied, exploratory and student-centred. The material provides opportunities for cross-curricula and STEM/STEAM integration.
- Learning objectives?and?Key Words and Concepts?appear at the beginning of each unit
- About this unit?gives a brief overview of the coverage of the unit
- Did you know??offers interesting information to widen the student?s horizons.
- Quick facts?feature gives additional information directly related to the topic being covered.
- Unit assessments?and?Activities?provide a variety of assessment methods that appeal to all types of learners and incorporate new question types.
- Index?lists key terms and concepts and helps the student to quickly locate information.