Ti-Jean and his Brothers was Derek Walcott’s first venture into musical plays and is still his most popular work. A lilting St Lucian folk-tale, it tells the story of a poor family who dwells on the edge of a magical forest haunted by the devil’s spirits. The brilliance of Walcott’s writing draws us into the realms of fantasy where the actual and the miraculous collide. Dennis Scott’s An Echo in the Bone is set during a traditional Nine-Night Ceremony held to honor the spirit of the dead. Shattering sequential time in a series of dreamlike episodes the play takes us back to the time of plantations and slavery – and the savage murder of the white estate owner. Who killed Mr. Charles? The answers lie deep in the racial memory, they ‘echo in the bone’. The giddy atmosphere of the carnival is the setting for Errol Hill’s Man Better Man, a rumbustious, colourful comedy musical about stick fighters. With dance and song, the battling troubadours and the calypsonian weave a tale of braver, superstition, and fraudulence. When first performed the Times described it as ‘a blazing electrifying feast of rhythm and colour’.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY IN JAMAICA
Delivery time: Can vary from the 2-5 business day (holidays and weekends are not included)
Please allow 1-2 days to process your orders and this is not part of the delivery time
Delivery options will be a bike, post office, Knutsford express, or using another courier service (Tara courier services). Please note the delivery time may take longer.
Delivery cost will be between $650 JMD to $2000 JMD* will be up to 10 lbs, each additional lb will cost will be $50 to $80 JMD (conditions apply) or see delivery map for Tara courier services https://www.taracan.com/where-we-go/
Please give us a call or Whatsapp to 8767870377 or 8762872224
SHIPPING WITHIN THE CARIBBEAN AND OTHER AREA(S)
- The Book Jungle uses the Jamaica Postal service to deliver the packages within the Caribbean and the rest of the world. The delivery time is between 3-7 business days depending on the final destination with online tracking.
- We do not ship to Army Post Office (APOs), Fleet Post Office (FPOs), or PO Boxes. Please contact us if this will be a problem
- We shall not be liable for any delay in the shipment of goods nor any damages that may incurred from third party shipping company
- Please visit Jamaica Post for additional information on their compensation guidelines https://jamaicapost.gov.jm/faqs/
- We are not responsible for any customs duties that will be incurred at final destination (Please check your local authorizes on charges)