Welcome to the world of the imagination and the fantastic in these ten stories where Good continues its age-old fight against Evil. These stories are highly entertaining, and, in the tradition of folktales, they also carry many moral messages. They show that those who are kind to others and those who protect nature and defend the weak are given worthy rewards, sometimes by magical means. On the other hand, those who are greedy, abusive, unkind and wish to harm nature receive deserved punishment. The overriding message is that a person’s fortune is often determined by the quality of his or her character. The cultures of both island and continental CARICOM countries are well represented in this collection. From folklore there are supernatural beings Tata Duende (The Strange Tale of Cucal Bal) or Tata Dohende (Tek Mi! Noh?Tek Mi!); the Caribbean mermaid who lives in the river (Lazy Manny-oh!); and what would be a collection of folktales without a ghost story, as in?Miss Angie Key Features: Two audio CDs with four of the stories read by accomplished storytellers accompany the text. The language of the stories is mostly Standard English, but with phrases and idioms which represent the local languages of the countries of origin, for example, the patois spoken (or which used to be spoken) in Trinidad and Tobago and Grenada. The recording of the stories on the CDs will help children to appreciate the differences in speech in the countries of origin, as well as to appreciate the differences between the written and spoken word. The setting and the characters in the stories are typically Caribbean. There are many colourful characters, both human and magical. The stories give a glimpse of the culture and habits of the people in different countries of the English-speaking Caribbean. There is a glossary which explains words and phrases which might be unfamiliar to the reader. There is a section with suggested activities for use with students.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY IN JAMAICA
Delivery time: Can vary from the 2-5 business day (holidays and weekends are not included)
Please allow 1-2 days to process your orders and this is not part of the delivery time
Delivery options will be a bike, post office, Knutsford express, or using another courier service (Tara courier services). Please note the delivery time may take longer.
Delivery cost will be between $650 JMD to $2000 JMD* will be up to 10 lbs, each additional lb will cost will be $50 to $80 JMD (conditions apply) or see delivery map for Tara courier services https://www.taracan.com/where-we-go/
Please give us a call or Whatsapp to 8767870377 or 8762872224
SHIPPING WITHIN THE CARIBBEAN AND OTHER AREA(S)
- The Book Jungle uses the Jamaica Postal service to deliver the packages within the Caribbean and the rest of the world. The delivery time is between 3-7 business days depending on the final destination with online tracking.
- We do not ship to Army Post Office (APOs), Fleet Post Office (FPOs), or PO Boxes. Please contact us if this will be a problem
- We shall not be liable for any delay in the shipment of goods nor any damages that may incurred from third party shipping company
- Please visit Jamaica Post for additional information on their compensation guidelines https://jamaicapost.gov.jm/faqs/
- We are not responsible for any customs duties that will be incurred at final destination (Please check your local authorizes on charges)