Adventures: Primary Language Arts Book 1 is the first in a new series of language arts texts that will replace Carib Language Arts Series (CLAS) at the primary level. This book provides extensive coverage of the topics taught in Grade 1 throughout the Caribbean. The material is presented in an exciting and interesting way that is guaranteed to make children want to learn and have fun while doing so.
- The topics are taught through the play, discover, learn method and children are encouraged to learn by exploring their surroundings and playing with each other;
- The material caters to the imagination of children, which will aid their cognitive development;
- Strong focus on penmanship, phonics, reasoning and problem-solving, as well as values and attitudes throughout the book;
- Students are exposed to different Caribbean accents (via the accompanying audio CD), cultures and animals (mainly through the use of stories and images);
- Individual learning and cooperative learning are encouraged and help to foster positive interdependence so children will learn and work together but have the opportunity to learn on their own.
- 10 core language arts units (on topics such as Alphabetical Order, Verbs, Adjectives, Nouns, Punctuation, Blends and Letter Sounds)
- 7 practice units to ensure students have a full understanding of the concepts and improve their reading and critical thinking skills
- Integrated content with real-life scenarios
- Numerous comprehension passages
- Useful tips for teachers and parents
- Material that is pan-Caribbean in focus and relevant to everyday life
- Its a Jungle Out There: focuses on building vocabulary and improving phonetic skills
- Sound Cheer : enhances listening and pronunciation skills; they are asked to listen to words and letters of words, then shout what they hear
- Reading Fun: develops reading and listening skills through stories
- On the Playing Field: incorporates fun activities that allow the children to observe, explore and engage in structured play outside, which gives further practice to the concepts taught in class. It also puts them in touch with nature and is therefore ideal for the kinesthestic and nature-smart child.
- Word Trail: provides fun word games that will improve vocabulary