The series “Rediscovering Mathematics for the Caribbean” is an 8-level mathematics programme that prepares pupils to meet the challenges of using mathematics daily. The text provides a firm foundation in mathematics for primary school pupils utilizing a learner-centred approach.
Some Key Features:
- Basic numeracy skills are emphasized and topics are carefully introduced.
- Numerals, exercises and illustrations provide pupils with a lot of practice, thereby enhancing their understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Concepts are expressed in simple, clear and easy to understand language that is appropriate to the grade level and subject.
- Meaningful connections are made to real life situations.
- A special feature “Extended Thinking”, challenges students to think out of the box.
Comprehensive worked examples act as step-by-step guides for pupils who have difficulty problem-solving. These numerous worked examples at the Grade 5 level are clearly presented and should provide much needed guidance to pupils.
Many teaching tips are included to guide pupils through different problems.
The “Think About It” sections are filled with questions that extend knowledge and help to develop pupils’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.